Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"What are you thankful for?"

Thanksgiving is one of those very strange holidays celebrated in America. In my mind, it's a lot like Columbus Day: distorted and misunderstood.

The history major that still lives inside me would love to make this entire blog post about Thanksgiving's fascinating past (really, it is). However, if you get me rolling on misrepresented things in history, I may not stop. So I'll spare you the lecture, and instead address the one thing I do very much respect the holiday for: providing an opportunity to reflect on our lives and express gratitude.

And on that note, a list of the top ten things I am thankful for (you knew it was coming).
  1. My family, and their constant support and encouragement.
  2. My friends, new and old.
  3. My boyfriend, who has the incredible talent of being/saying/doing whatever I need at that moment.
  4. The opportunity to be in graduate school.
  5. My assistantship.
  6. Having a place to live at school, and also a true home.
  7. My car, because I don't know what I'd do without it.
  8. My health.
  9. Delicious food that I am going to enjoy tomorrow, and that I have available to me every day.
  10. My cat and dog because they are just too adorable to be left off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment